RS-485 Fiber-Optic Link
RS-485 to Multi-Mode Fiber Optic Converter
ST Fiber Connectors
35mm DIN Rail Mounting
The 101-0079 Fiber-Optic Link is a simple to use, plug-and-play, RS-485 to multi-mode fiber optic converter. Using standard ST connectors the Fiber-Optic Link extends the maximum distance of an RS-485 signal up to 4 km (2.5 mi) in a point-to-point transmission using industry standard 50/125um or 62.5/125um multi-mode fiber optic cables.
Fiber optic communications offers immunity to EMI/RFI radio or electrical interference, transient surges, and ground loops. The Fiber-Optic Link is designed to easily interface to RS-485 half-duplex networks. Switching between transmit and receive is automatically controlled - no RTS (request-to-send) handshake line needed. The Fiber-Optic Link is equipped with an industry standard 35mm DIN rail mounting clip allowing the converter to be quickly installed in your equipment rack, along side other DIN mounted equipment.
- RS-485 Auto-direction control
- Supports BAUD rates up to 115,200
- Fiber optic range of up to 4 km (2.5 mi)
- 820nm wavelength technology
- Point-to-Point transmission
- Plug-and-Play, no switches or jumpers
- 9 to 30 Vdc supply voltage range
- Wide operating temperature range
-30 to 60°C (-22 to 140°F)